Saturday, November 5, 2011

Elmo Loves You!

:)

Been a week since 7 Fun Facts About Cookies was posted. Honestly, I did NOT know cookies were originated in Persia! :O

Alright, partner. We're gonna be doing some reminiscing on our childhood years in this entry. Well, I am, at least. No matter. Let's try going through our memories and recollect whatever that's left together, shall we? :)



#1 - Remember Sid? Or more famously-known as the Cookie Monster? C'mon. Look me in the eyes and tell me you've never heard of the so-famous Sesame Street character. Can't, can ya? Thought so ;). Back to Cookie Monster, remember how his voracious appetite always led him into the frenzy mode, wiggling his "googly eyes" whenever he saw cookies? And his famous eating phrases? "Me want cookie!", "Me eat cookie!", "Om nom nom nom" (said through a mouth full of food). I miss the time when I would just flip through the pages of my Sesame Street ABC book. And sure enough, I remember the letter 'C' stood for 'Cookie'. Never knew it'd be my niché, 15 years later :')



#2 - Ever heard of the Girl Scout Cookies? Conspicuously, they are cookies sold by Girl Scouts. We don't have this in Malaysia, though. Still, I wanna share some information (as general as they may be) with every one of you who's reading this. I've always known about Girl Scout Cookies via television. According to my past, ze girls' main objective is to raise fund for their local Scouts units. Now now, ain't that something we ought to be proud of? Some say the girls won't make $100 in a month. Well, noble intentions sometimes yield noble results, don't they? This tradition of Girl Scouts having to sell cookies have been going on for decades, maybe centuries. Has anyone noticed there were Girl Scouts selling cookies in the Tooth Fairy movie? Look closer, if you haven't :>



#3 - Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Okay. During this time of the year, cookies are considered as staple food, almost. It's impossible for Mum to not bake any before Raya approaches. I'd usually help Mum and Grandma by rolling out the cookie dough while I secretly get my hands on a few chocolate chips hehe :B. Tell me I'm not the only one who does this. Please? For one thing, NOBODY can get their hands off the cookie jar. And I mean, nobody. The cookie jars will always be half full empty during Ramadhan or on the eve of Raya, if it can last that long. Don't you miss sneaking up in the kitchen, looking for them cookies at every nook and cranny? And you suddenly have this strong intuition on its whereabouts: the top shelf. Finding the cookie jar is one thing, REACHING it is another.



Okie dokie, Olie.
That's all for today's reminiscing, folks! :)
Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha to you who's taken the time to read our blog <('.'<)

P/s: It's 5.06 AM now. I'm stopping it here cause I've got to get some rest. Apologies! 

4 comments: